Viewing posts tagged privacy
8 years, 2 months ago
Yesterday, my TV asked me:
For quality and improvement purposes, your usage statistics about the TV system and remote will be sent to the Sony server. It will exclude personal and individually identifiable information. Would you like to enable this setting?
At least they are asking, but it does leave a couple of questions:
- What exact information gets collected?
- What does Sony consider being "personal information"?
- How do they ensure that it is not "individually identifiable"?
- What exactly are those "improvement purposes"?
- Where exactly do they collect this information?
- How well is it secured, especially with Sony's less than stellar track record in this regard?
- How can I be sure that it's not collecting the data anyway regardless that I turned it off?
I guess the only way to answer the last question is to buy a managed network switch that lets me monitor traffic on specific ports...